Dr. Nick

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I came in at my regular time of nine on a Saturday morning.  I was scheduled to meet Nick, a brand new volunteer.  I walked in and found Nick in the break room.  He is a very young looking Hispanic man.  He is in his last year of medical school!

m

When I called him Dr. Nick for the first time he got a little embarrassed!  So of course I just had to keep calling him that!  Nick is a very smart young man and also a very humble as well.   He is a great guy.  I am sure that this time next year he will be a real doctor.

I showed him around the place and my regular routine.  All three floors of our beautiful hospice were open but we did not have anyone to visit!  Everyone had family or was not conscious.  So we filled up the mint jars, made some coffee, and we talked a lot.



When we were done, we meet one of our longtime volunteers with another new volunteer.  She is a young lady from Hong Kong!  She is here studying Social Work.  We had a nice visit together.

Have you ever meet a future doctor?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts