Preparing for the Worst

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

While I was at the front doors of the hospice dealing with the baby bird brought to us by a young Chinese girl, two older ladies came in. (See the post "The Baby Bird").   I immediately asked them if they had any bugs, they were amused, and they said that they didn't.



The ladies came to us for a tour, which I volunteered for, leaving Anita and Al with the baby bird. One was a little older and had brown hair and a bit chunky.  The other one was younger, thin and pretty, despite her age.

  I showed them the break room and down the hall to the nurses station, where they asked the more technical questions to the nurses.  They said that their brother was in poor health and even though he didn't need hospice care now, they were looking at hospices in order to plan for the worst!



We took a peek to the kitchen and then out the back door and through the back garden, which always impresses people!  I showed them the non-denominational chapel.  We walked in and they really liked it, even though neither one was religious!  I showed them the prayer cloths made by our volunteers, and they loved them!  They took six of them!  Kinda surprising since both were non-religious!

Have you ever had to plan for the worst?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts