Volunteer Party

Hello everyone.   Praise the Lord!   It's time to party!

Our biannual volunteer appreciation party was last Saturday afternoon.  I decided to go in in the morning to visit some patients first.  When I came in the office they were already making sandwiches for the luncheon.  Since I was watching them making them so fast, I told them that they were sandwich making machines!  I had a nice long visit with a patient I'll name "Nick."  I tell his story in the post "Cocaine and Needles."



The first part of our volunteer appreciation party was in the chapel and was a dedication to our recently passed Volunteer Coordinator. Her daughter was there and it was very sad and we were all in tears talking about her kindness to others. And that's what I also remember about her.  Every time I visited with her I always left the room feeling like I was just blessed!

 Our new Hospice CEO was there and said a few words.  A very famous doctor in the area and husband of one of our volunteers!  He seemed like a very decent and nice man.

The luncheon afterwards was nice. Sandwiches, fruit and even some liquor and Champagne!  We all had a nice time visiting with each other and with the new assistant volunteer coordinator and her boyfriend.  Linda and I left together, which I tell in the "Chinese Translator" post.



Have you ever been to a party for volunteers?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop



Comments

Popular Posts