A Pill Problem

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was nice and warm early Saturday morning at the hospice. When I would leave three hours later the temperature dropped ten degrees.  Later that afternoon it dropped ten more degrees.  A spring cold front was moving through.  I had worn one of my Hawaiian shirts in the morning and felt the cool air when I left the building.



It was a weird and awkward day!  I did pass out some mints to several family members, but could not get a conversation going.  The nurses recommended three patients to visit, but they were all sleeping.  I kinda felt strange and out of touch all day.  It might have been because of the dramatic change in the weather! Yep,  I'm blaming it all on the weather.

When I was leaving, I paused to chat with the security guard.  Then one of the RN's came and asked to see security film of the medication cabinet.  In her hand was a print-out of the cabinet, and something was wrong!  I didn't ask because it was not my business to know. Apparently, some pills were taken out of the medication cabinet and it was not logged in!  A nurse was stealing pills!














 A hospice has some of the most powerful medications known to man in order to relieve pain.  Stealing pills is a very serous offence, especially in this day of widespread addiction.  When a nurse takes pills out of the cabinet, they have to log them out and have at least one witness.  I hope it was just a mistake.

Have you heard of someone stealing pills?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts