Big Mistake!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

Just as I parked at the hospice this morning, "James" the night security guard was making his rounds out front.  As I get out of my pick up he started talking as I was trying to get my badge straight on my sweater.  Nice guy that James.  Whenever I'm there early James is there and when I'm a bit later then Al is there.

When I went to the downstairs break room, I discovered there was no cups out and no coffee left!  So I put out a bunch of cups, creamers, and make some fresh coffee. While it was brewing, I seen our new Chinese translator come in. See my post called "The Chinese Translator." We talked a bit.



I then started walking to the downstairs nurses station and seen "Nick" from my post "Cocaine and Needles" sitting up in bed.  Apparently they moved him downstairs.  So, after telling the nurses that I was there, I went to visit with him.

I seen some fresh flowers on the window sill and asked him if he had any visitors.  He said that his step-daughter had come and brought them.  He said the chaplain had been by to save his soul and some other "do-gooders" had been around.  I told him that they are just trying to help.

He said that she was very upset and in tears. Because when she had called the nurses station, they had his room confused with another next to him.  In the other room the man was minutes away from death and they told Nicks step-daughter on the phone that Nick was minutes away from death and she better come fast if she wanted to see him alive again!

When she arrived and seen Nick sitting up in bed laughing with a TV show, she was overjoyed!  Then she turned into a angry hurricane and gave the nurses that gave her the bad information a dressing down!  She let the nurses know of their big mistake!



We watched TV for awhile then he asked for a cup of coffee, so I went to the break room and got two cups of coffee.  We sat together and watched TV and drank coffee until I had to leave.

Has someone made a big mistake in your life?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts