The Balloon Incident

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

The first thing I did was to make coffee and put some cookies out, especially since we had a lot of family members present. Its always nice to offer refreshments for the family of the patients.



A lady then needed help finding the front door. Sometimes you can get turned around in the building.
Another lady was looking for a place to have a family meeting. I took her to the conference room, but she decided instead on the downstairs family room. I was blessed to meet the whole family. They are very nice people. I then excused myself so that they could have some privacy.

After checking in with the nurses, I sat with a lady who was all alone and resting. I stayed with her for two hours. It is always a blessing to serve someone in that way.  No one should be alone at the end of their life.



I had been upstairs and now I went downstairs. One of the nurses, Andrea, told me that the nurses upstairs needed me to get a balloon for them since I'm tall. I went back upstairs and the nurses had no idea what I was talking about.

So, wondering if they were playing a prank on me I went back downstairs. The balloon was actually downstairs after all. Yup, I'm good for the small things too.  I was able to reach up and grab the string the balloons were attached too.



That was fun, but, just at that time a gentleman passed from this life onto the next and turned the mood into morning. He had a large family there and they were very upset. It was nice to see the nursing staff give the family members hugs. The nurses really love their patients at the Hospice. So I left the Hospice in a somber mood.



When was the last time you had a special chore to do?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop
Oct 8, 2011

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts