Back Volunteering

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

This is my first day back volunteering after two year Covid-19 suspension of all volunteers. Things are a little different to here because of continuing Covid-19 restrictions. 

All the family rooms are still closed. All the break rooms are all still closed. You can't make coffee anymore. All personnel have to wear a face masks, and while we're in the rooms, we have to wear a face shield as well. You can see me wearing the safety gear in the picture above.

The world changes, and we have to roll with the changes of the world. Coved-19 change everything, and not for the better. But even so it's still good to be back and doing something good for the patients here at our hospice.

When you volunteer at hospice, it's not about you, it's all about the patients!  It's all about doing some good for people in the world! How about spreading God's love among others!

I was only here for a few hours, so I sat with only two patients. An older man who was resting. And I sat with a newborn baby who was sleeping. I sat with the baby until the mother arrived, then I politely excuse myself. Then as I was sitting in the garden the security card came and had me do a tour.

I did the tour, and did the paperwork, It was a short time here on my first day back, but it was a sweet time that brought back a lot of memories. And I hope my future memories will be as good as my past memories here!

Do you have to deal with coved retractions?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?  If you enjoyed this story and want to read all of the future stories, just click on the "follow" button at the top of the blog.

William James Roop

 Roop-Crappell Ministries 

 The Bible and Life 

 The Trucking Tango 

 My Author Page


Comments

Popular Posts