The Man from Mexico City

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I sat with a man from Mexico City. He had difficulty in his thinking, probably due to medication.  He repeated "I have a son in Atlanta, Georgia."  He repeated this about a dozen times!  So, I gently acknowledged that fact and he stopped.

He lived his entire life in Mexico City, Mexico, and was very proud of it. He was proud that it was a very large city, about twenty million people! He was an engineer by trade and was very intelligent.  He spoke English very well, but had an accent.  It was an unusual accent, I thought it was very nice.



He said that he had a son in Israel, that he was a Jewish Rabbi there, and, yes, a son in Atlanta, Georgia, who was an attorney for the school district there.  He said several times that he loved going to Atlanta.  They were Jewish, unusual to meet a Mexican Jew.  I had meet another Mexican Jew years ago and told him about it.  The Jewish people are truly in all parts of the world.

He loved Coca-Colas, he had me get him one and I poured it in his cup a few times, He said several times, "I love Coca-Colas!



He acknowledged that he was in the US for only two years, I assumed it was for his cancer treatment, I didn't ask why since it was none of my business to know.

He was a nice man, very hard of hearing and I had to talk very loud for him.  That always tires me out so I didn't stay very long.

Does anyone else meet someone from Mexico City?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop



















Comments

Popular Posts