My First Hospice Volunteer Evaluation.

Hello everyone.   Praise the Lord!

As I walked in the hospice my volunteer supervisor and the security officer were at the entrance waiting for me!  She wanted to evaluate me.  I was about thirty minutes late because after calling her on Friday, and leaving a message on the office answering machine, she didn't call me back. So, I didn't think she would be there. The three of us and a nice, humorous talk together, making fun with the security officers lack of direction in life and him dating a much older woman!   After making coffee and restocking the plastic ware we went upstairs to do and evaluation visit.



I talked to the nurses and we decided on an unresponsive patient.  I walked in introduced myself to the patient, even though she was unresponsive, the hearing is the last thing to go, so we think that they can still hear people talking to them or around them.   My supervisor gave me a very nice and professional report!  That was my first volunteer evaluation.   Ha, free for another year!

All kidding aside, hospice care is very important, and it is important to have the highest standards.  The Lord expects nothing less of His servants!



Has anyone else been evaluated?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop



Comments

Popular Posts