Two Kinds Of People

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

Two months ago, last January, my beautiful wife Gretchen and I flew to Las Vegas Nevada for a week.
We went there on vacation because we both want to see the area.  We had a wonderful time together!


On the last full day we went on a trip to the Grand Canyon by bus.  The scenery going there was of beautiful desert landscapes. We got to the Grand Canyon just before noon.

The first thing we did was stop at the restaurant to eat lunch. It was a very good lunch with lots of food and a window view of the Grand Canyon!


After lunch we went outside to go to the edge of the canyon and enjoy the scenery. We were there with about a dozen to two dozen other people, from our bus and some from other tour groups.

As we walk to the edge I couldn't get closer than ten feet, because I started getting dizzy, and I had to look down, and I was not steady on my feet! The Grand Canyon drops four-thousand feet straight down at that edge!


But what does my crazy wife do?  She walks straight to the edge and looks straight down four-thousand feet!  I struggled to say something, but it was difficult for me to talk because of the fear! I managed to get my voice together and tell her to get away from the edge!

When she saw how scared I was for her safety, she left the edge and came to sit with me.  I managed to  sit on a small rock encampment about fifteen feet from the edge of the cliff.


There were other people like me who could not get any closer.  But there was others like my wife who can walk right to the edge and look straight down.  There's even one teenage girl who dangled her legs off the edge!  The girl's mother told her to get away from it. She responded that "you're ruining my childhood!"  I thought to myself, "no, they are preserving your adulthood!"

That showed me very clearly, that there are two people in this world.  Those that are terrified of heights, and those that are not. And this is a good example that how some issues, divide people right down the middle, half and half.  This can happen even in hospice care.


I think I'm in the sane half, and my wife perhaps is in the crazy half!  Just joking of course!  Perhaps if I was there longer, I could have grown accustomed to the depths of the canyon and got closer, but I had no interest in tempting fate!

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts