The man with no eye's!

Hello everyone.

As I finished with one visit with a patient, the nurses sweetly asked me to take a patient out into the garden for a smoke break.  I told them "not a problem, that's what I do," and walked to the room. When I walked in, I was taken aback! The man had no eye's!  That was a first for me! I was shocked! I made an effort to not make it noticeable, I'm not sure if I was successful.



The man was in his forties and was battling cancer. His mother was there, she was a nurse. She was very nice but her concern was with her son. He was well enough to sit in a wheel chair. Much easier than rolling out a hospital bed! After the nurses helped into the wheelchair,  I pushed him out to the gazebo in the back of the garden.  The hospice has a very spacious and beautifully kept garden, a gazebo in the back corner serves as a smoking pen.



 He was a very kind man, he asked how many cigarettes he was allowed to smoke. I said that he could smoke as many as he wanted and for as long as he wanted. I was there to serve him and let him know that, he was appreciative.

  As he lit his first smoke up we talked about baseball and the Astros World Series chances. We were having a nice conversation when a friend of his walked up to us. He had come for a visit. This gentleman was in his fifties and lived just down the street.  He had eye's, but was legally blind. He could see a little, but not much, just enough to get along. The two became friends at a hospital down the road.



The three of us and a nice visit together, The patient only smokes one and a half cigarettes, but that seemed to be enough. We rolled back to the room and I excused myself as I was no longer needed. The patient was happy and that made me happy.

Has anyone else meet anyone that did not have any eye's?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts