The Desperate Lover

Hello everyone.

I had a new volunteer shadow with me last Saturday morning. He is a scientist and a research hospital specializing in breast cancer.  He was of Lebanese origin but his parents immigrated to Columbia and he was born and raised there in Columbia,  A very nice guy, next week I'll have him again. Even though he grew up in Columbia, he went to college back in Lebanon, and did his Masters and PhD work in Arkansas in the USA.



  We talked a bit to break the ice and visited several patients and family members. He was very stiff and awkward. His mother tongue is Spanish and there was a patient that spoke only Spanish, so I tried to match them together so he would not rely on me, but she slept the whole time.  That would have been a great opportunity for him to grow a bit.  Maybe next week we will have a better opportunity.  But overall he did a fine job and I was proud of him.

 After our volunteer time he explained a problem he had at work with a fellow scientist, and he asked my advice. I gave him my advice and he was very pleased with it and wrote it all down! The problem was a jealous scientist trying to take credit for someone else work.  I just told him that he was just their mentor and not their boss and that the situation needed to be taken to their boss to straighten out.



I also asked him why his parents chose a country like Columbia to immigrate too.  Drug cartel violence and a civil war was going on there at the time.  Believe it or not he said that he never actually asked them those kind of questions!  I thought that that was kinda of odd.

  He later admitted that he was desperate for a wife and was despondent that he could not find one yet, I told him to be patient and to pray for one, that made him feel much better.  We spent about an hour in the volunteer office talking, it was a nice time.

Just to give a little update.  Its's now been ten months later and I have yet to see him again, but I did hear he was helping out in the office.

Do you know anyone who needs a lover?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts