Memorial Day Kiss

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I came in to our hospice today just after church service.  My wife was working today, so instead of sitting around the house, I come in to volunteer.  That’s a much better way to spend my time!


I walk in and make some coffee, do a little clean up and walk to the nurse’s station.  The nurses ask me to sit with this patient down the hall.  I walk down the hall and enter the room.

In bed is a little old lady resting quietly.  So, I announce my presence, so that she knows that she is no longer alone.  I gently sit down on the couch next to the bed.  I am there for about an hour.  Just sitting there and making my presence known for the patient.


Then a couple of elderly ladies walk into the room.  They are pleasantly surprised that I am there keeping their mother company.  We have a wonderful and loving conversation for about fifteen minutes.

  As I turn to leave the room, one of the ladies take my hand. It was a bit awkward for me and a surprise!  She smiles at me and gently kisses my hand!  She then says, “Thank you Father!”
She thinks that I am a priest!  I try to tell her that I am not ordained into any denomination.  She just smiles and tells me that I am her priest today!  I just smile and told her, “thank you.”  I let her have her joyful moment.  And it was a joyful moment for me as well.



The Bible says that all Christians are priests of the Most High.  I guess that that was my priestly moment!  Being a priest or not, it is always wonderful to do a good deed for another.  This lady was happy and I was blessed forever!


Have you ever been taken for someone else?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop
Nov 11, 2012

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts