Baby Rocking

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

The first thing that I noticed as I walked into our hospice was the first-floor hallway partition doors were closed.  That means that someone has passed and the funeral home folks are there to remove them to their funeral home.  They do that for privacy for the family.  They also discreetly use the back-utility elevator if they are on the second or third floors.


So, I went upstairs, and they were very happy to see me.  As I approached the nurse’s station, they eagerly told me that they had a baby.  She was a little baby born to a Nigerian couple.  The baby was the patient due to complications of a pre-mature birth. 

The baby was tiny!  The nurses had her in a baby bed sitting on the desk of the nurse’s station.  That is where they could watch her better.  They were smiling at me because I was about to free up a lot of their time so they could take care of the other patients.



They informed me that her room had a rocking chair in it.  They picked up the baby and put her in my arms.  I slowly walked down the hall to her room.  They always give the back rooms to babies because they have a camera in the room, where they can watch the baby by camera.

She was such a good baby!  I sat down on the rocking chair and put a pillow under my arm.  I rocked her for four hours!  Afterwards, I thought that my arms would fall off!  It was a nice quiet evening, and in the back room it can get very quiet.  Soft lights and a quiet environment, I really enjoyed it, so I just kept rocking away!


After four hours, the Nigerian family came into the room.  When they seen me rocking their baby, they were overjoyed!  They were very happy to see someone giving their baby some love in their absence.  I was happy to be of some service to them and to show some godly love to the baby.

 It’s always a blessing to show godly compassion to others.  During the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ, he had always encouraged the children to come to him and he was always blessing them.  He did that not only because he loved them, but to show us an example of how we are to treat children.

Have you ever rocked a baby for four hours?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click of the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop
Jan 14, 2012

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts