The Lord's Work must go on!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had to work a twelve hour work day today, so I had to go in a few hours later then normal. Knees hurting today, but the Lords work must go on!

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the iced tea dispenser. Something new for our wonderful patients and family members. Always trying to make things as comfortable as possible. As I was making coffee I visited with a family member in the break room.



One of the social workers I admire and haven't seen in a while was still there so I gave her a hug and chatted with her awhile. It's good to keep up on the news.

I then noticed a patient asleep and alone so I walked in and sat with him for about an hour. He had evidence in the room that he had visitors earlier, but were gone now so I did what I could to give him some comfort.  Even though a patient may be asleep, they know when someone else is present.

As I was leaving for the evening a Catholic priest came in so I guided him to the room he needed to be in.  A good way to end the evening volunteering.



Do you do something after work?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop
Dec 3, 2011

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com


Comments

Popular Posts