My Dad's Clock

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!
This is a story about my fathers clock, the one pictured below. This is a true story as witnessed by my family and I, just after he passed away.

The picture above is the clock that my father received as a retirement gift when he retired from Occidental Chemical Company, in Deer Park, Texas. He worked there for thirteen years after retiring from the United States Air Force for twenty-three years.\

When my father retired from the Air Force as a medic, he found a job with Diamond Shamrock Chemical Company, in Deep Park, Texas, as a medic for the plant. The above picture is a ball cap I received from the years that he worked there. They had an awesome golf course that I played about three times a week. They spent a million dollars a years on it every year, and this was in the early eighties!
After some years, Diamond Shamrock was bought by Occidental Chemical Company. They continued on with the golf course, which was great, I continued to play there until I joined the Air Force myself. My father worked there until he retired. The above picture is a ball cap that I received from those years.

Lets get back to my father clock. My fathers clock was on the wall in front of his recliner for years after his long retirement, where he could see it everyday. My mother would take a key once a week to wind it up. She had wounded it up the morning that my father died in a hospital about thirty minutes away of pneumonia. He died at 11:55 in the morning.

At 11:55 the next morning, the clock stopped completely! It stopped even though it should have lasted another six days! So my mother wounded it up again. The next morning it had stopped again at exactly 11:55 in the morning! So, she wounded it up again. Again, for the third time, my fathers clock stopped on exactly at 11:55 in the morning! 

We took this as a sign from my father that he was still around! My mother didn't wind it up anymore. If you have any comments, please share them with us in the comments section. If you enjoyed this story, you can follow this blog to read future stories.

William J. Roop

Roop-Crappell Ministries

The Bible and Life

The Trucking Tango

My Author Page



Comments

Popular Posts