The Last Squirrel!

 Hello everyone, Praise the Lord!

Because of the Covid-19 virus affecting the whole world, all volunteers have been suspended until the virus is over.  It has been ten-months since I have had the wonderful blessing to volunteer at our hospice.  It seems a lot longer, but a visit to our volunteer office helps!


I decided to drop in for a visit to talk to our volunteer director and her assistant.  They were overjoyed to see me, but quickly put their masks over their faces!  Definitely a sign of the times! We talked about how the virus had affected things around the hospice.

They are re-building some of the walkways in the back garden, which really needed to be done. They also told me a story about the squirrels that populated the large trees in our back garden.  


Several months ago, they told me with fear and sadness in their voice, five hawks had moved into the area!  Those five hawks systematically killed and flew off with all of the squirrel that lived in the back garden of our hospice!

On day our volunteer director was looking out of the window and seen probably the last squirrel around.  Just then, a hawk came down!  Our director ran out of the office just in the nick of time to save the life of that squirrel!


I had the unpleasant task to let her know that the squirrels life was only saved temporarily, since the hawk was still around.  She knowingly nodded to me, we both understood that the squirrel had been saved, but would eventually be lunch!

I told both gals that everyone loves nature until they see it in action, up close, then they are shocked! Mother nature is what it is, animals eat other animals, even the ones we enjoy!

William J. Roop

My website

My Biblical Hermeneutics blog

Apostolic Theological Seminary

Comments

Popular Posts