The Heart Project

Hello everyone!  Praise the Lord!

Two days ago I went in at my normal time at mid-morning, I went into the break room and there was a woman and man sitting in the table at the far corner. There was some paperwork on the table between them. The woman was talking on the phone notifying some one that their loved one passed away. I went in to make some coffee. She talked a bit then started to cry on the phone then talked a bit more. I left as soon as I could to give her some privacy!



After chatting with the nurses on all three floors, I sat with a middle aged black woman.  She could not speak well and she soon closed her eye's and I excused myself to let her rest.

  I went back in the break room and the same two people were there but were talking to each other and seemed overwhelmed.

 Next, I then meet a part time social worker, she was originally from Turkey, she still had an accent, very cute. She tipped me off about two patients whom I could visit.

 I went in to talk to the older black gentleman that I spoke with two weeks prior. He was sleeping and so I left.

The second one was an old heart surgeon, I went in to talk with him but he was asleep and two young ladies were there, both were very pretty and friendly and talkative.  After a few minutes of talking with them I left.



 I went downstairs and meet a young lady leaving the volunteer office. I introduced myself and we chatted for about fifteen minutes. She was a nursing student at Texas Women's University and very pleasant to talk with. She had a strange name and she mentioned that her parents were hippy want-a-be's!  We both laughed about her name and she agreed with me!  

She only had one semester to go and was very exited about it and had a job interest in psychological nursing.  She lived in an apartment in the Timber Grove neighborhood where I deliver Freon at my work.  She was very friendly and had an outgoing personality.

  Just then two men and a women was in the hallway needing help. One of the men was gay and wanted to buy five paper hearts for the Christmas tree. The girl and I helped them getting the hearts and they gave the check to the security officer. I'm glad we could find the stuff in the office.  Even though they were gay, it's important to show God's love to all humanity.



It was very busy at the hospice and lots of family members there. I had a great time.

Have you helped someone lately?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts