Heart Break

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had been in our hospice for about seven hours visiting a lot of patients and family members.  Earlier I even had a shadow.  A shadow is a new volunteer who tags along with an experienced volunteer.  Her name was Tricia and she was with me for about three hours and did a fantastic job!



Before I left for the day I was making more coffee in the break room for our guests.  I noticed a family at  one of the tables talking.  One of the older men asked if I had any aspirin for his grand son, who had a headache.

 I went to the nurses station and asked if they had any.  They told me that they are not allowed to give out any medication.  After I thought about it for awhile it made sense, its a liability issue!  I walked back and gave them the bad news.



I started talking to them as they were making flight arrangements back home to Montana.  Their forty-four-year-old daughter had a damaged heart.  Their daughter went into the hospital for another issue, and that created other complications, which in turn damaged her heart!

Now she is here with a damaged heart.  Their daughter had lived in Nashville, Tennessee, and her best friend, a lady of the same age, was here to be with her.  We had a short and somber conversation, then I left for the day.

Do you know of anyone who had a damaged heart?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts